Paraiso.

Thank God it's Friday. And tomorrow is Saturday,
and the day after tomorrow is Sunday. I hate that
it'll be Monday after the day after tomorrow.
Hahaha. How redundant.

Anyway, I've said on my last entry that all
the ideas in my head are jumbled up. But I
think it's pretty organized now since I can
think properly.

So yeah. I finished the poem for Filipino
earlier today. And I'm so glad that I received
a complement from our teacher but in an
unusual way but it's okay, at least she
appreciated my masterpiece.

Here it goes:

~~~

Munting Paraiso
Ni Lee Anne Mae Sheets

Napapansin ko ang pagbuhos ng ulan,
Tila may nais sabihin ang ating kalikasan.
Pagmasdan ninyo ang kalangitan,
Para bang siya ay nasasaktan;
Ating pakinggan ang kanyang panawagan.

Ang dating maaliwalas na paraiso,
Nagkagulo-gulo; nabalot ng kadiliman,
Nagkalat ang dumi; kagandaha'y nagpira-piraso,
Naging isang bangungot na tila walang hanggan.

O munting paraiso, anong ginawa nila sa'yo?
'Sandamakmak na basura,
Sampid sa ekonomiya.
Tunay ngang ika'y nakakaawa,
Naghihinagpis at nagdurusa.

Kaya't dapat ay magtulungan,
Maging masigasig at pagsikapan.
Umasa ka sa'min, kalikasan.
Sa aming kakayahan; ika'y maniwala.
Sa aming determinasyon; ika'y magtiwala.

O munting paraiso, muling magbalik;
Para sa mga tulad kong sabik.
Mananatili bang isang panaginip na lamang;
Ang minimithi, ang inaasam-asam?

~~~

I know, it's so... Whatever. I can't describe it.
Indescribable. I was so nervous when I
submitted it, my feet were shaking and I had
butterflies rumbling in my stomach- same
feeling whenever I feel in love. Haha.

We needed to put art to sumbolize the poem.
I drew a rose with a butterfly. I used Enrique's
(a special friend back from Olongapo) drawing in
my novel-like diary frack as a guideline.
I colored half of the rose, red and green; while the
other side is so black. I can't explain what I
have in my mind right now. Maybe I'll detail it
later. By the way, here's what my teacher said:

Ms. Gutierrez: Lee Anne, halika..

Lee: Bakit po Ma'am?

Ms. G: Ikaw ba gumawa nito? Walang kinopya?

Lee: Opo Ma'am. Sa katunayan po, yung 1st at 3rd
stanzas kahapon ko pa po ginawa. Yung natira, kanina
ko lang po ginawa.

Ms. G: Pwede 'tong i-publish sa The Mango(the
school newsletter). Ipapasok ko 'to, baka sakaling
makalusot. Maganda yung gawa mo ha.

Lee: Thank you po :)


At first, I was kinda insulted and offended in some
way by what she said but in the end, I can't
remove the smile on my face. I just wish I could
go back to Journalism again.

0 comments: