Breakaway.

Today was a great day to reminisce, to ponder, to think about the past. Our school held an event recognizing the achievers of this school year. One of the students delivered a very inspiring speech about Friday nights. It's about how everyone looks forward to Friday nights, not because it's time to relax, not because it's time to have fun, not because there are two blissful days to enjoy; but because every Friday evening, we can just take a break, think about the things that happened for the past week, about our occasional stumbles, about our triumphs, and knowing that there's another Monday coming, it just makes us appreciate time and Friday nights.

So anyway, I was fortunate to having been a participant in the said event. Our newly discovered singing group was showcased as the New Tone Divas. I know, cheesy. We sang Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson. Everyone congratulated as for having a great performance although we just stood up there. Because of so much anxiety to get this over with, we were all nailed down to where we were standing. But anyhow, I also think we were amazing up there. The blending of our voices, everyone thought we had a mentor, but all the thanks is for Jelly. We did a great job. Imus Insitute, get ready to hear us over and over again. And maybe next time, the world. Haha.

So I wore something like these combined.


We are supposed to wear a formal dress with a touch of black. But if I bought the formal dress (as in really formal!), I didn't think I could wear it again. At least, I could match the pair I bought to other types of clothes. The jumper like skirt was so cute. And the white blouse/polo-like gave it a more formal touch.

Enough about the singing thing/dress thing, after the event, it was just plain boring. I don't know what to do here. Tomorrow, I wanna play patintero. Lately, I'm frustrated with Pinoy games. But since all my kid friends are out to vacation, I can't play at all. I'm stuck with my neighbor, watching DVD's all day. And sometimes, I just sleep until my headaches. Why is summer so boring? I mean, it's summer. It's supposed to be happy, fun, active and not boring, boring and boring!

I miss everyone already. I miss the busy, hectic days. Goodbye, school. Goodbye, fun and not boring! Hello, summer. Hello, ultra-mega-super-duper laziness and sloppy fat.

0 comments: