Superhuman.

A superhuman heart beats in me...

Earlier, I woke up at 3 in the afternoon and saw my mom watching television. I laid on the couch while my mom was browsing all the channels to find a good show. She encountered a movie on Cinemax.

It was all about some encounter of the third kind. They abducted people and played their memories, changed their identities from time to time. They were experimenting on humans. They had some kind of telekinetic power.

But of course, there was one who was curious enough to investigate what was happening, then of some event, he gained their power. He had the chance to save the day. Yay! He had some help from friends. And eventually, he conquered the weird aliens.

The movie was called "Dark City". It starred some guy as well as Kiefer Sutherland and Jennifer Conelly. By the way, the two of them looked so young there. Perhaps because, it was a 1998 film.

I found the movie somehow interesting. I barely watch old movies, unless its a good one. The setting was dark, of course! I think the movie "The Matrix" used the same setting. The cinematography was okay, along with the score. The actors/actresses did a good job. I also find the baldness of the aliens very disturbing. Haha.


At some point in the end, the protagonist said something like
They wanted to know what made us human, (Pointing to his forehead) but they were looking the the wrong place.
I thought he was gonna point at his heart after wards. But instead, he turned back. That line made me wonder about something. What makes us human? Is it the free will? I think every living thing has free will. Is it something scientific? Is it something in our bodies? In our minds? Just thinking about this question wraps up to another question.

But whatever, I still think no scientific explanation can answer my question. And when I try answering it myself, I just feel my brain hemorrhaging.

0 comments: