Good Friday.

This day is the commemoration of Jesus Christ's crucifixion and death. We treat Good Friday as a fast day. We only intake one full meal, smaller than the usual, and two other collations, a smaller repast . And usually, we substitute meat with fish. I know, it's pretty hard for people who are used to munching every minute, including me. But a little sacrifice won't hurt, it's one thing we can do for Him.

Yesterday's Maundy Thursday and we didn't get to do Visita Iglesia. We didn't even get to attend the Washing of the Feet mass. Anyway, good for those who did. Felt refreshing, eh?


I wanted to post yesterday an entry about American Idol. I watch it every week but I kind of forgotten about these past two weeks' episodes. I only had a glimpse of each performance. Suck-ish.

Scott MacIntyre was voted off yesterday. I feel sorry for him. He did serve as an inspiration to a lot of people but this contest is for pure talent and star quality. He is great behind the piano but at times, his vocals aren't good enough.

I was really worried about Anoop Desai. I thought he's going to be eliminated that night. I still think his time is near. Anoop needs more fans, vote power! He used to be that fun, enjoyable performer. But the judges urged him to do boring music. Haha. His vocals are good, great even. But as I've said, sometimes, he tends to be boring, and even more boring. I really like Anoop and I really don't want him to be eliminated this early. I hope he'll pull it off till Top 5 week. Good luck Anoop.

I hope Lil Rounds will leave the American Idol stage soon. I don't like her at all. I used to when she was the Mary J. Blige-it-woman. But after consecutive awful performances, I couldn't stand looking at her anymore. Adam Lambert, oh Adam Lambert. I never really liked him as a performer. But his projection, his stare, I think I'm melting. I just had a crush on him after his performance on Motown week. His hair was the sex. But after that, and after finding out he's somewhat gay/bi, I'm officially not a fan of him anymore. But his stare still melts me. I don't know if its just the camera angle or what.

Anyhow, I still think Lambert is already reserved in the finals. I hope Danny Gokey's isn't that other reserved seat. He has great vocals, but sometimes, he just oversings whatever he's singing. And his funky dance is gross. I'm on for Allison Iraheta or Matt Giraud, or maybe even Kris Allen. Iraheta sings like a pro! She exceeds my expectations, hands down. Too bad, she's always in the bottom three. More power for her. And by the way, her photo when she was still a child is darn funny. Hahaha. I don't know why, maybe because she looks like a frog. Mean. But she's so cute, anyway. And she's a great singer, and I think she can pull this competition off. She's just lovely.




Matt Giraud is very serious in this competition. He's just not noticeable before, but now, even the judges can see that he can surpass Gokey's level, and even Lambert at times. Giraud has this Justin Timberlake vibe, and this beautiful soulfulness in him. He tends to be fashionable also, unlike Desai. He doesn't just sound like JT, sometimes, he even looks like him. I only noticed that when I saw JT's commercial on Nickelodeon. Hahaha. He's just a less hot version of JT, but a greater singer than him.




Kris Allen, he's hot! Blazing hot. I wished he didn't get married early. Haha. He can be very good and very awful at times. Sometimes, he's called the dark horse. But if he pulls this off, he'll be a great marketing ingredient. Everybody loves a hot good-looking singer.

Whoever wins, I hope that person really deserves the title American Idol. By the way, I really love Kelly Clarkson. I knew her single My Life Would Suck Without You would be a hit. I had a copy of her album even before it was released. Haha. I know, that's bad. But I'll get an original copy soon. She's turned into a very sophisticated woman. She looked not-so-good during her AI days. Kudos to whoever puts make-up on her. Haha. And the music video of her single is good. Good camera angles, good concept. Over-all, I have nothing to rant on about it but the finale kiss. I just couldn't get why she has to kiss the guy. Hahaha. I don't know, the guy's not that good-looking kasi. :))

0 comments: