Holy Wednesday.

Everyone is getting ready for Maundy Thursday, Holy Week. Everyone's going to their provinces, to summer get-a-ways. Everyone has something to do, has plans. But I'm not everyone. Why does it have to be so boring for me? I mean, every other people has something to do this summer. Why can't I have something to waste my time on?

My siblings had a slumber party last night. They invited their friends from the neighborhood. I love having children around. Makes me look so old, makes me feel so young at times. We had a bunch of kids running around the house, leaving cookie crumbs all over the place. They jumped on our beds, messed up my room. But no matter how crazy they can be, I'm still crazier.

I slept at around three in the morning, making sure they were all asleep. They woke me up with their buzzing voices at about six in the morning. It sure made my head hurt, a lot. Then I slept more. I sent J a text message, telling him I'll sleep more. Haha. I woke up at 12NN. I felt really hungry, was really hungry. I ate, then watched television. At around 2pm, there were no good movies/shows on air. So I watch DVD's instead.


Our neighbor has a Slumdog Millionaire DVD, I borrowed it. The movie was good, deserved all the precious awards. It showed not only in the Philippines Smokey Mountains are to be found, but also in India. The impression of reality in this movie is one of the factors that made it triumph. The male protagonist is good-looking, by the way. He reminds me of Anoop Desai from American Idol 8. Props to the original score too. Indian music sure is catchy.



After an hour and a half, I wasted seemingly three more hours for another movie. It seems that our neighbor had a lot of DVD collections, and there was one pretty odd. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, another Brad Pitt film! I found most parts pretty boring. But the prosthetics were astounding! Every age, every level was emphasized. I'm not a Brad Pitt fan, but he was so gorgeous during the twilight of the movie. Cate Blanchett, she's pretty. But at most times, when her character was dancing, it seemed to me she has a double. There were parts I found cute, especially when they were pertaining to fate. Do you believe that our life was pre-determined? Design or accidents, life sure is crazy. Nonetheless, it was an okay film. But it could've been more enjoyable.


I'm planning to watch more movies and criticize. Haha. I don't know why, but I like to criticize a lot. And I'm also planning on posting reviews on every movie that pops out of my head. Watch out Underworld: Rise of the Lycans and whatever DVD's our neighbor have. And Monsters Vs. Aliens, you better be funny. Haha.

0 comments: